Export Promotion Support Services Practice and Most Common Metrics
These strategies are comprised of several activities each. The most common metrics to assess the success of these activities relate to the number of companies engaged. The figure below illustrates how different outputs are tied to each strategy for providing support services.
Desired Business Outcomes for Export Promotion
- Total value of new exports
- Share of Small and Mid-size Enterprises that export
- Total number of jobs supported by increased export sales
Export Support Services: Output Success Indicators
Metrics benchmark performance and drive improvements in the activities that a community undertakes. Following are the most common output metrics used to measure results for key categories of activities. Practitioners may use these as a starting point to guide the selection of metrics that matter for their efforts.
Connect companies to federal and state export assistance
- Number of companies that receive information about federal and state export services
- Number of companies engaging with these programs
Provide export support services (i.e. a regional EDO offers – or collaborates to offer – its own export services)
- Number of companies participating in these programs
- Net number of new companies that export
- Customer satisfaction levels