Regional economic development organizations should use these questions as an informal self-assessment in considering how to approach developing and delivering effective support services for export promotion.
- What is the existing ecosystem of trade promotion resources in your particular state and region?
- What types of export assistance services and programs are offered by existing federal, state and local resources?
- To what extent are companies in your region already working with these trade promotion organizations? Are companies aware of these resources?
- What types of gaps or barriers do companies identify in the region’s trade assistance support network?
- Are there leading companies with deep international experience that can be role models and mentors to other companies in the region?